The University of General Lansana Conte Sonfonia-Conakry (UGLC-SC) takes the initiative to bring innovative and socially relevant educational provisions that are student centric, seamless and are of high quality by employing distinguished faculty members and implementing modern technology to achieve academic excellence, sustainable social transformation and collective national development.
UGLC-SC aims towards creating a Centre of Excellence in Open and Distance Learning (ODL) by offering quality programs to meet the current and emerging needs of aspiring students. The University provides access to higher education and functions as a catalyst to bridge social and economic developments in Guinea.
The University of General Lansana Conte Sonfonia-Conakry (UGLC-SC) shall:
- Evolve flexible and robust curriculum to widen educational access, deepen knowledge frontiers and create entrepreneurial skill sets.
- Become a digital repository for ODL in the state facilitating Research and Development for new knowledge creation.
- Reach the rural communities through lifelong learning programmes for livelihood improvement.
- Bridge the digital divide and implement 'anywhere, anytime' learning environments.
- Establish networked environments for quality assurance.
- Coordinate and implement standards in ODL.
- Foster private-public partnerships.